After a long time I am blogging about something new. I have started playing around with developing Apps for SharePoint in SharePoint 2013 and already ran into few issues. As developers or IT professionals we hate to read. We just get Visual Studio, SharePoint and just start with creating new app. But did not read the basic document before setting up my environment. So I got some weird errors while trying to deploy the app.
In short, before you even setup anything please read this article – http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fp179923.aspx
But I was receiving error on the final step for Set-SPAppSiteSubscriptionName -Name “apps”.
The error was Set-SPAppSiteSubscriptionName : There are no addresses available for this application.
This error was due to to their was no app domain URL entry for apps.ameettest.local was missing.
I opened the host file and added 127.0.0.1 apps.ameettest.local and then I was able to run the above command.
Ok now to the next problem 🙂