RSS

Monthly Archives: May 2011

SSRS Indicator control and negative percentage

Problem:

It seems the SSRS Indicator does not like negative percentages. I have a client who is trying to get the variance to goals calculations. The calculations are (Actual Sales – Sales Goals) / Sales Goals. Guess what sometimes the Actual Sales are lower than the Sales Goals. So, they do get negative numbers. They wanted to display red when the values are between -90% to -10%. Yellow when the values are -10% to 0%. And anything above 0 should be green. When I used percentage on the indicator I was getting green all the time because it seems SSRS ignores the negative numbers.

Solution:

Just don’t convert it to percentage. Just get the calculation value as it is and make the indicator go against the numbers. For the range values you enter -0.90 to -0.10 for red, -0.10 to -0 is yellow and 0 to 100 is green.

Problem solved! Customer is happy! Me happy!

Advertisements
 
1 Comment

Posted by on May 11, 2011 in SQL Reporting Services

 

e Tek Team on Windows IT Pro Article

http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/Business-Decision-Maker/5-Ways-to-Master-Your-2011-Budget

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on May 9, 2011 in SharePoint 2010

 

Form cannot be rendered – InfoPath Forms Services or while publishing Pages.

Yesterday ran into an issue with two different clients. If you did not run the configuration wizard while you have setup your SharePoint Farm it won’t Configure your State Service. You may see an error like –
โ€œThe form cannot be rendered. This may be due to a misconfiguration of the Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service. For more information, contact your server administrator.โ€

In order to resolve this issue please refer to the technet article or follow these instructions –

  • Verify that you meet the following minimum requirements: See Add-SPShellAdmin.
  • On the Start menu, click All Programs.
  • Click Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products.
  • Click SharePoint 2010 Management Shell.
  • To create a service application, type the following command:

ย $serviceApp = New-SPStateServiceApplication -Name “<StateServiceName>”

Where <StateServiceName> is the name for the service application.

  • To create a State Service database and associate it with a service application, type the following command:

New-SPStateServiceDatabase -Name “<StateServiceDatabase>” -ServiceApplication $serviceApp

Where <StateServiceDatabase> is the name of the State Service database to create and associate with the service application.

  • To create a State Service application proxy, associate it with the service application, add it to the farm’s default proxy group, and type the following command:

New-SPStateServiceApplicationProxy -Name “<ApplicationProxyName>” -ServiceApplication $serviceApp -DefaultProxyGroup

Where <ApplicationProxyName> is the name of the application proxy.

The above should get this issue resolved.

 
Leave a comment

Posted by on May 5, 2011 in SharePoint 2010

 

View All site content pointing to the parent site Contents

Last week I was at a client site upgrading their 2007 environment to 2010 environment. I went the Database attach route. I got all the servers running and the upgrade went through without any issues. I asked them to point the DNS entry to the appropriate server and they should be up and running. I was WRONG.

As soon as they pointed their DNS entry to this new server. Some of the subsites started showing the wrong lists. The contacts list was showing some document library and some lists started giving errors that it does not even have the list. I was totally confused with this and after remoting in I started comparing and found out that the server url address would work but the actual DNS entry would not work. Thats when I started thinking about the Alternate Access Mappings.

So, I looked into Alternate Access Mappings and WALLA. There it was. The URL was still pointing to the server address instead of the Intranet URL. Changed the URL and it started working perfectly. Got all my lists back and everything was working as it was supposed to work.

Got one client happy. Few more to go ๐Ÿ™‚

 
1 Comment

Posted by on May 1, 2011 in SharePoint 2010