Yesterday ran into an issue with two different clients. If you did not run the configuration wizard while you have setup your SharePoint Farm it won’t Configure your State Service. You may see an error like –
“The form cannot be rendered. This may be due to a misconfiguration of the Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service. For more information, contact your server administrator.”
In order to resolve this issue please refer to the technet article or follow these instructions –
- Verify that you meet the following minimum requirements: See Add-SPShellAdmin.
- On the Start menu, click All Programs.
- Click Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products.
- Click SharePoint 2010 Management Shell.
- To create a service application, type the following command:
$serviceApp = New-SPStateServiceApplication -Name “<StateServiceName>”
Where <StateServiceName> is the name for the service application.
- To create a State Service database and associate it with a service application, type the following command:
New-SPStateServiceDatabase -Name “<StateServiceDatabase>” -ServiceApplication $serviceApp
Where <StateServiceDatabase> is the name of the State Service database to create and associate with the service application.
- To create a State Service application proxy, associate it with the service application, add it to the farm’s default proxy group, and type the following command:
New-SPStateServiceApplicationProxy -Name “<ApplicationProxyName>” -ServiceApplication $serviceApp -DefaultProxyGroup
Where <ApplicationProxyName> is the name of the application proxy.
The above should get this issue resolved.